Friday, February 16, 2007

After bundh

After the bundh on Monday (12-Feb), I expected a curfew situation in Bengalooru :D. Unfortunately or fortunately it did not happen. I was actually worried about the bundh. Because my vehicle number is TN 30/F-8273. Although it is registered under Tamilnadu government, I have paid the life time tax for Karantaka, and i hold valid insurance and other documents like pollution certificate. But still i was afraid that the mob will not know all these. They will not just care about whose the vehicle is. If they happen to come across my vehicle with the TN registration they might even light it up.

I had a plan to escape from the mob or atleast have them pity on my bike. I thought of writing the vehicle number in kannada script, so that in a quick glance it would look like a KA registration (kannada scripts does matter) and so would just let it go. But thank God, no serious incident happened after the bundh. The city is back to its normal mood. Ever fresh and ever active.

2 comments:

  1. Arun, I am glad that everything is fine there and ur bike is safe. I read ur previous blogs but didn't feel like posting any comment as they are all controversial subjects and I don't like such things.
    I believe there are good and bad people everywhere. Bad people take advantage of the situation whatever it is. But looks like huge police force would have helped control things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya dude.. around 200 police were there in Indira nagar area alone. Anyway, things are fine now.

    ReplyDelete