Friday, May 04, 2007

Go Go Goa..... Day 4


The morning breakfast at Sanskruthi was very dull with our guys lacking interest as half of the gang departed. From there, we kicked off to Old Goa, St. Francis Cathedral. It was the first time I entered a cathedral or church for that matter. I found the building huge. The shapes on the floor and the walls were plain and symmetrical. I dint find any complex/fractal architecture as we see in Hindu temples. All I saw was squares and rectangles. Then I realized that, the portugese/european culture lacked the mathematics of complexities in their culture itself.

When Copernicus discovered something new, he was afraid of the church and had to say that come up with the geocentric theory. It was after the death of Galileo Galilei it was reaveled that he had discovered the Heliocentric theory. Even Johannes Kepler's inventions that the orbits of the celestial bodies are elliptical were opposed by the church. Cus, they considered the circle the "perfect" shape for planetary orbits.

I was able to correlate the patterns in the church to the frames in history. So i did not have the spiritual feeling in the cathedral, but the hatred feeling that these churches have once been the authority over the science and mathematics, crushing the scientists according to their will and wish. Here I would like to make a point clear. I am not interfering with the Christian beliefs. Every religion has some or the other belief. My target is on the humans who acts as intermediates between God and Humans. Being a brahmin, I have realised the mistakes which brahmins have committed to the Indian society. So my target is humans only. I have my own respect for Jesus, for he is similar to Ram in Hinduism or Mohammad in Islam. But not for the others who doesnt relate science and religion. Science without religion is not a problem. But religion without science is mere a dust bin. My words shall apply to any religion in this world, after all religion is a path taken by the humans to reach the God. Who are we to stop the science from progressing by the name of the God. Let me not argue further on this. I ll drop down to the Goa mood.

From there, we moved on to the World Heritage Museum. In the ground floor of the museum, there were lots of pilgrims of the Hindu Gods and Godesses. A sharp look at them reavled that the pilgrims were damaged intentionally, with the heads and shoulders damaged for pilgrims of the Gods, and the chest and face of the the pilgrims of the Godesses damaged. My mind traced back to the birth of christianity in India. One was the spreading of christianity through financial power and the other through shear POWER. It dint take me much time to realize that what happened in Goa was the latter case.

The museum contains the pictures of all the Portugal viceroys and governors who ruled Goa from 1510 to 1961. I believe that India would be the only country which has created a museum for the robbers who looted the country and to proclaim them as rulers, and also to have a WORLD HERITAGE MUSEUM for their pride. (Please let me know if I am wrong, and if there are any other countries which does the same). I left the museum with a heavy heart.

Then went to the Basillica just opposite to the Cathedral. The same old story there. Religion without Science. Was back to the lodge, took the luggages which we had already packed in the morning and left Povarium, giving a final look at the lodge and Sanskruthi. Got on to the bus at 15:30. The bus went on and on and on.... a tiresome 3 hours journey... the bus stopped at Goa-Karnataka border.. (I'm just wondering when i write this, if one of my friends was born here.. :P) we got down the bus, had a tea and mirchi-vada.. mm, great combination.. when we were talking in front of the tea stall, we saw a small boy in a football player suite, with his T-shirt having the name C.Ronaldo (7). Kudi asked him, "Dude, are you a football player". He nodded silently. Then we asked him for the details. He said that he is from Dindigul, Tamilnadu. And had been to the under 13 Indian Football team camp at goa for 30 days. His name was Alexander Romario (How will the T-shirt look with A.Romario (7)!! Hoping for it.. :). His uncle said that Alex is the captain of under 13 Tamilnadu football team. He is just 10 years old now. :) My memories went back to my 9 th standard, when i was introduced to the Cricket coaching at Gandhi stadium, Salem. Had to fight hard to get into the district team overcoming the politics within the management. Then i had to throw cricket out of my mind when my interests quickly moved on to classical physics and mathematics in 2 years. Alex's uncle said that same is the case with Indain football team selection also. He also said that he wants Alex to play just one National game and then he will take him to the Beckham football academy in Denmark where his current profession is. Beckham's academy requires that the nominee has atleast represented the national team at some point of time. Again a heavy heart... Gave great hopes and wishes to Alex and moved into the bus.

The bus again stopped at Hubli.. a north karnataka dinner at the hotel near by.. then at 08:00 in the morning we were in the Bangalore bustand.. I went direct to the office gym, had a bath and was ready infront of this system exactly at 09:00.. I know i am straining too much.. but thats how I want to be.. push hard... harder, still harder... this field doesnt provide me with much opportunities to explore and invent.. may be, this Indian software industry is not enough at all....

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see football becoming popular in India.. that would be fun.. it's a nice game.
    It's good to know about that kid's dreams...hope he can achieve his dream.
    Goa, Kearala and W Bengal are the only states where football is popular now.
    Nice pics .. you look in good shape now!

    ReplyDelete